Carrie Friddell, MT-BC, NMT, is a Nationally Board Certified Music Therapist and Neurologic Music Therapist. She earned her Music Therapy Board Certification in 2005 and has served both children and adult populations. Her work includes:
- Director of The Peterson Voices in Franklin, Tennessee, a through the Peterson’s Foundation for Parkinson’s to support and sustain the voices of those who have Parkinson’s Disease.
- Individual Music Therapy Services for all ages and stages.
- Music Together Within Therapy licensed provider for young children with a diagnosis.
- Contracts with local Assisted Living and Memory Care Senior Living Homes neurologic music therapy services.
- Twenty-eight years of experience teaching private piano and voice lessons to children and adults in the Middle Tennessee area now applying this skill to adaptive piano within therapy.
- Has Served as the President of the Tennessee Association for Music Therapy
- Currently Serves as Co-Chair on the Tennessee Advocacy Task Force for Music Therapy.
She holds a B.S. in Church Music from Trevecca Nazarene University and earned her equivalency to a B.S. in Music Therapy from Tennessee Technological University. In 2022 She completed her training as a Neurologic Music Therapist through the Robert F. Unkefer Academy for Neurologic Music Therapy. Carrie is also a Certified Laughter Yoga Instructor through Laughter Yoga International.
Carrie has been interviewed for podcasts and online publications! Check out her 2023 Interviews:
I began my business because of my love of music and how I have seen it change people. This work is satisfying when I watch people become involved in music that speaks to them and/or pushes them in new directions. When teaching piano lessons to children, I become inspired by the ones who gain self confidence by learning this new skill and making music come alive. When leading groups of children and/or adults in music making experiences, I am inspired by the smiles on their faces and energy they put into the group effort. Finally, when working with special needs children, I am inspired by the force of human determination as they gain even the smallest steps in their ability to function better than they previously had. I began my business because it is also my passion.