Carrie Friddell, MT-BC is a Nationally Board Certified Music Therapist. She earned her Music Therapy Board Certification in 2005 and has served both children and adult populations. Additionally, she is a licensed Music Together center director. Her work includes:
- Director of The Rising Star Choir Nashville at Belmont University, an adaptive choir experience for children with special needs.
- Director of The Peterson’s Choir for Parkinson’s in Franklin, Tennessee, a choir to support and sustain the voices of those who have Parkinson’s Disease.
- Music therapist for Nashville Metro Parks disAbilities Day Program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Group Music Therapy Services for children and adults
- Individual Music Therapy Services, specializing in children and youth with special needs diagnosis
- Music Together, Center Director for 6 years.
- Twenty-three years of experience teaching private piano and voice lessons to children and adults in the Middle Tennessee area
- Currently, the President of the Tennessee Association for Music Therapy
She holds a B.S. in Church Music from Trevecca Nazarene University and earned her equivalency to a B.S. in Music Therapy from Tennessee Technological University.
Carrie is passionate about empowering the gift of music to individuals and groups!
I began my business because of my love of music and how I have seen it change people. This work is satisfying when I watch people become involved in music that speaks to them and/or pushes them in new directions. When teaching piano lessons to children, I become inspired by the ones who gain self confidence by learning this new skill and making music come alive. When leading groups of children and/or adults in music making experiences, I am inspired by the smiles on their faces and energy they put into the group effort. Finally, when working with special needs children, I am inspired by the force of human determination as they gain even the smallest steps in their ability to function better than they previously had. I began my business because it is also my passion.