- Because music has been found to enhance growth and development, your child will be supported in reaching their individual potential through active music making experiences!
- Group experiences will help promote opportunities of socialization and active participation. These music therapy groups are designed for children with developmental delays, ASD, medical diagnosis, and other special needs to help increase movement, communication, and social interaction. SPACE IS LIMITED in each age group.
- Facilitated by Carrie Friddell, MT-BC. ….Because she has spent 15 years as a practicing music therapist, your child will have the support they need to engage musically!
- All classes are 10 weeks
- Classes located in Blakemore United Methodist Church, 3601 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37209
- Each child and youth receives a short report of initial individual goal for the semester. Parents/Guardians will also receive a final short report of progress after the 10th week of class.
- Any music, materials, or in class use instruments are provided at each session. Early childhood classes include take home song book, CD, and online support through Music Together, LLC.
- >>Click Here to Fill Out Music Therapy Group Interest Form
- >>Click Here Registration Now Open for The Harmony Stars Ensemble Ages 7-21 school age.
Got Questions? Contact Carrie Friddell, MT-BC firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Music Therapy will support your child or youth and encourages these goals:
Engage in socialization and participation.
Engage in functional communication skills with the therapist and peers.
Engage in a fun physical activity.
Music activities to help stimulate attention and thinking skills.
- Enjoy the experience of seeing friends and making music together!
- Due to the nature of filling spots for this high quality class, no refunds after the third class.
Non-attendance does not constitute a withdraw.
- If you sign up online but do not pay online, you will be invoiced in advance for the entire semester fee.
Payment plans are thoughtfully considered, just ask. Some scholarship money is available for the In Harmony Star Choir participants. Please contact Carrie if you require financial assistance.
All classes are in person, inside Blakemore United Methodist Church. Upon the chance event of the rise in COVID cases and further social distancing local and/or national policies enforce another lockdown, all classes will go back to an online Zoom teletherapy format during that time period.
You are investing in your health and welfare and improving your quality of life by joining our high quality music community of active music making! Thank you!